Friday 17 October 2014

Grade 8 retreat reflection!

The grade 8 retreat was quite fun but it certainly did require a lot of work and it got frustrating at times , but at the end of it , it was all worth it.  It was hard to get the grade 8's to listen and pay attention and to not complain and therefore we felt as if they were more inclined to behave and have more fun if given the opportunity to bring forward options as to what we could play and that worked very well. Some grade 8's got a chance to be a leader in  the group and explain how to play their game .The grade 8's enjoyed games where they could run around and be active they didn't really want to do activities such as the name game .  I found my voice with the grade 8's and didn't loose my patience.  A moment I had as a teacher was when  I  taught the grade 8's how to do a few activities and answered their questions one on one . I learnt how difficult it must be to handle a group of such energetic and hyper children.  Overall, I think the grade 8 retreat went really well

No comments:

Post a Comment